Precision Machining Services
From Concept to Completion
Columbia Machine Works takes complete ownership of your precision machining project, introducing our combination of advanced machining technology and precise expertise to ensure the job is done right the first time.
With a large inventory of materials and rapid turn-around time, we mitigate project delays and costly downtime. We offer specialized machining and grinding equipment for large parts and assemblies up to 30 tons.
Using your supplied prints or in-house designs, CMW can accurately meet your expected tolerances or technical specifications.
Customer Focused Machine Shop Services
We look at every machining service job from the customer's perspective. We are as eager as you to see that your equipment performs efficiently. Whether we are modifying existing equipment or fabricating custom machined parts, your downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Machining of standard or precision tolerance components up to 68,000 lbs
- Manufacture of standard and custom spur, helical, worm and worm wheel gears
- CNC vertical machining centers with envelopes of 40" x 40” x 120”
- CNC Lathes up to 167" centers with 37" swing
- CNC horizontal milling with capacities of 97 3/4" vertical to 139 ¾" horizontal
- Rotary surface grinding up to 60" in diameter
- Surface grinding up to 30" x 144"
- Component repair and rebuilding
- Lathes up to 384" between centers
- Vertical lathes that swing up to 80" in diameter
- Gear cutting capacity up to cut 84" spur and 72" helical
On-Site Machining Services
Large equipment offers many difficult challenges – especially when repair work requires machining services. When the size of your equipment prohibits you from being able to dismantle and ship it for repairs, Columbia Machine Works’ on site machining services will come to you.
On site milling, drilling, line boring
On site machining by Columbia Machine Works saves you money by eliminating shipping costs and reducing costly downtime. Our trained team arrives at your site with all the tools necessary, including boring bars and mills. Columbia Machine Works onsite machining services include:
- On site milling
- On site drilling
- On site line boring
- On site keyway cutting
When you think big, think of Columbia Machine Works. With the technical capabilities and equipment to handle large machining jobs, we step up to the challenge with an oversized commitment to quality.